Sunday, January 6, 2013

Centauri "Pieces"














Credits:

Director/DP – Cameron Dozier
Producer – Jon Shaivitz
Writer – Matt Shevin
Gaffer – Mike Jenkins
Grip – Josh May
Makeup – Veronica Rodarte

Why this script/concept? How does it reflect your vision as a commercial director?

I just thought the joke is great and unexpected. It reflects my vision as a director because I wanted to create the feel of a busy office without needing one, and create the world the script needed on a budget. 

What was the casting process like?

My producer found the actor for the office worker role last minute, through an agency friend. The nerd character responded to one of my ads and had a really funny reel. 

How did you search for/lock a location?

I was putting out ads and trying to find office spaces for rent online. When most people realized I was shooting a video, their modest office rental skyrocketed to a huge location fee, but we finally found an office rental that was decent and they were cool with us shooting there. 

How did you select your DP, crew?

I DP my spots, and we put out ads for our crew. I also had worked with some of them in the past, or had gotten a referral. 

How did shooting go? Any challenges?

Shooting was great, except that we didn't make our art for the broken computer big enough the first time around. So we had to go back and get a pickup shot one night, and that was a pain, but totally worth it. 

Tell us about editing and finishing.

Editing took a bit longer than expected because of the pickup, and my work schedule. I used Final Cut and After Effects. 

In retrospect, is there anything you would have done differently?

I always wish I could afford bigger locations afterward but you do what you can with what you have and I'm happy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment